Area of work
I am a PhD student currently in third year of my study. My PhD work is on Statistical Variability in CMOS Devices Due to Metal Gate Granularity.
The aim of this PhD research is to investigate the treshold voltage variability in MOSFETs with high-k and metal gate stacks in nano-CMOS technology. The polycrystalline nature of the metal gate and the corresponding non-uniformity in the gate work-function can result in statistical variability in MOSFETs characteristic. Here the impact of work-function variation in the bulk MOSFETs and UTBSOI is studied in detail utilising Device Modelling Simulator the 3D Atomistic Drift Diffusion simulator
32nm UTBSOI: The potential distribution in the substrate. RDD, LER MGG(5nm) and in the present of maximum (10 12 cm-2) trapped charge density.
Thank you:Terima kasih :)
Recent grants worked on
My current project
My PhD work is sponsor by Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education(MOHE) and Universiti Teknikal Melaka Malaysia(UTEM), Malaysia
|2000 - current||
My previous project
I am a lecturer in university Teknikal Malaysia Melaka, Malaysia.
- N. M. Idris, B. Cheng, A. R. Brown, S. Markov and A. Asenov, "Comprehensive Simulation Study of Statistical Variability in 32nm SOI MOSFET," in Proc. 7th Workshop of the Thematic Network on Silicon on Insulator technology, devices and circuits, Jan. 17-19, 2011,
- S. Markov, N. M. Idris and A. Asenov, "Statistical variability in n-channel UTB-FD-SOI MOSFETs under the influence of RDF, LER, MGG and PBTI," in Proc. SOI Conference (SOI), 2011 IEEE International, Oct. 3-6, 2011,
- X. Wang, A. R. Brown, N. M. Idris, S. Markov, G. Roy and A. Asenov, "Statistical Threshold-Voltage Variability in Scaled Decananometer Bulk HKMG MOSFETs: A Full-Scale 3-D Simulation Scaling Study," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 58, No. 8, pp. 2293–2301, Aug. 2011.
- A. R. Brown, N. M. Idris, J. R. Watling and A. Asenov, "Impact of Metal Gate Granularity on Threshold Voltage Variability: A Full-Scale Three-Dimensional Statistical Simulation Study," IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 31, No. 11, pp. 1199–1201, Nov. 2010.
- N. M. Idris, A. R. Brown, J. R. Watling and A. Asenov, "Simulation Study of Workfunction Variability in MOSFETs with Polycrystalline Metal Gates," in Proc. Ultimate Integration on Silicon, Glasgow, Scotland, Mar. 18-19, 2010, pp. 165–168.